Friday, February 09, 2007

Chipotle is NOT GOOD FOR YOU

See that 1125 number down there? I tried to cut and paste my nutritional info from the last meal I ate here. Normally I like to keep my food far away from math but I was kinda curious about how many calories are in a vegitarian Chipotle burrito after reading an article about the bozos who are on heavily calorie-restricted diets. Apparently, in a study, lab rats who weren't allowed to eat very much survived like five years longer than fat, happy rats, and therefore some scientists believe starvation must be the fountain of youth.

I know I can't get down with starvation (no Olson Twin) but I'd rather not look like Rosie O'Donnell when I die, so I checked out the calorie content of my Chipotle, which is currently gurgling in my stomach. P.S. I get the veggie Chipotle because then guacamole isn't extra and guac is more important to me than meat. So if I had had meat in my burrito it prolly would have exceeded the daily caloric intake of all the inhabitants of some sub-Saharan countries. Either way, dude, 1125 calories is like more than half of the calories you're supposed to absorb ALL DAY. Just call me Rosie.

Chipotle Nutrition Facts
Serving Size:
1 Burrito
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1125Calories from Fat 459
% DV*
Total Fat 51g
Saturated Fat 18.5g
Cholesterol 70mg
Sodium 2928mg
Total Carbohydrate 133g
Dietary Fiber 15.5g
Sugars 7g
Protein 34g
Vitamin A 65%
Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 54%
Iron 30%


Chipotle'>http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator">Chipotle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home